Hartford, Conn., May 24, 2017 – Ten East Coast companies have been honored with Aetna’s (NYSE: AET) first Workplace Wellness awards for their commitment to improving the well-being of their employees.
“We congratulate the ten companies for their achievements,” said Daniel Therrien, Aetna’s director of product strategy for large groups. “A healthier workforce leads to a better workplace: lower absenteeism, higher employee satisfaction and fewer medical costs.”
The pilot program was open to Aetna customers in Florida, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia and Washington D.C. that have 100 to 3,000 employees and have an established wellness program. The winners were chosen based on combined scores from the Aetna Worksite Awards application and the Health and Well-being Best Practices Scorecard in Collaboration with Mercer© (HERO scorecard), an industry leading tool provides organizations assessment of their wellness programs.
Nine of the winners are based in Florida, and one is based in Maryland. They are:
- EverBank, a federal savings association headquartered in Jacksonville, FL that provides banking, lending, and investing services to clients nationwide;
- Gables Residential, a vertically integrated real estate company based in Boca Raton, FL, that specializes in the development, construction, ownership, acquisition, financing and management of multifamily and mixed-use communities across the country;
- GTE Financial, one of largest locally owned and operated financial institutions in Tampa, FL;
- Moffitt Cancer Center, a nonprofit cancer treatment and research center and a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Tampa, FL;
- bestbet, Florida’s top poker, simulcast and racing venue, based in Jacksonville, FL;
- Haskell, an integrated design-build firm from Jacksonville, FL that operates in the industrial, commercial, government and civil infrastructure markets;
- Children’s Home Society of Florida, an Orlando, FL organization that provides adoption, fostering, and counseling services to families across the state;
- Rogers Towers, one of Florida’s oldest and largest law firms, based in Jacksonville, FL;
- World Fuel Services, a global energy company based in Miami, FL; that specializes in the marketing, sale and distribution of energy products and services across the globe; and
- Medifast, a provider of clinically studied healthy living products and programs, located in Owings Mills, MD.
Winners will receive a trophy and an achievement letter.
Aetna is one of the nation’s leading diversified health care benefits companies, serving an estimated 46.7 million people with information and resources to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. Aetna offers a broad range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities, Medicaid health care management services, workers’ compensation administrative services and health information technology products and services. Aetna’s customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates. For more information, see www.aetna.com and learn about how Aetna is helping to build a healthier world. @AetnaNews
Aetna Media Contact