Aetna members can refill their prescriptions early, if needed. Members who use Aetna’s mail-order pharmacy can either get a prescription at an alternate delivery location or refill a prescription that may have been lost, damaged or destroyed.
In addition to helping with prescription refills, Aetna professionals who have experience dealing with traumatic events are also available to help. The company has opened its Resources for Living services to those affected by the wildfires, regardless of whether they are Aetna members or not. Individuals can call 1-833-327-AETNA (1-833-327-2386) for assistance with finding available shelters, accessing government resources and seeking referrals or help to cope with the emotional impact of the wildfires.
“Our thoughts are with those affected by the California wildfires,” said Kristen Miranda, California Market President. “Aetna is focused on helping our members get the care and medications they need, knowing that many may have evacuated from their homes and are unable to use their regular physicians, pharmacies and hospitals.”
Aetna members affected by these wildfires can also seek emergency care anywhere, as needed. The company will monitor the impact these wildfires has on its network doctors, hospitals and other health care providers, and make further modifications to its policies as necessary to ensure members have access to care.
If any additional local, state or federal disaster executive orders or regulations are issued related to these catastrophic event, Aetna will adjust its policies to comply.
In addition, to aid members during this difficult time, Teladoc is offering access to general medical care at no charge for residents of the evacuation zones impacted by the California fires. To receive care, affected individuals should call the designated hotline, (855) 225-5032, or visit teladoc.com/CAFires for more for more information.
Aetna members and health care providers affected by the wildfires who need care or other assistance can reach the company at the following toll-free numbers:
- Aetna Member Services: Call the number printed on your ID card*. If ID card is unavailable, call 1-800-443-AETNA (1-800-443-2386).
- Rx Member Services and Aetna Rx Home Delivery Customer Service: 1-888-RX AETNA (1-888-792-3862)
- Aetna Specialty Pharmacy Customer Service: 1-866-782-ASRX (1-866-782-2779)
- Aetna Student Assistance Program: 1-877-351-7889
- Aetna Dental: 1-877-238-6200
- Aetna Vision Preferred: 1- 866-652-0018
- Health care providers should contact the Provider Service Centers:
– Indemnity and PPO-based benefit plans: 1-888-MD-AETNA (1-888-632-3862)
– HMO benefit plans: 1-800-624-0756
- Coventry Health Plans:
– Commercial HMO and PPO Plans 1-866-847-8235
– Medicare Advantage Plans 1-800-847-3995
– Coventry National and First Health Plans 1-800-937-6824
* Members can find replacement ID cards and access to a Personal Health Record on Aetna’s secure member site Aetna Navigator™. Log in on Aetna’s home page.
Aetna is one of the nation’s leading diversified health care benefits companies, serving an estimated 39.0 million people with information and resources to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. Aetna offers a broad range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental and behavioral health plans, and medical management capabilities, Medicaid health care management services, workers’ compensation administrative services and health information technology products and services. Aetna’s customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates. For more information, see www.aetna.com and learn about how Aetna is helping to build a healthier world. @AetnaNews
Aetna Media Contact:
Shelly Bendit, 212-457-0635