- Introducing Aetna Direct – a whole new level of value for federal retirees
- Aetna and Inova join forces for more affordable, quality care in northern Virginia
HARTFORD, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Aetna (NYSE: AET) is expanding its presence in the Federal Employees Health Benefit Program (FEHBP) with two new options: a new Aetna Direct plan designed for federal retirees; and a new joint venture between Aetna and Inova Health Systems called Innovation Health. These new options add to Aetna’s broad variety of plans already available to federal employees.
“We are committed to providing Federal employees with a wide choice of products and services that provide high-quality health benefits at an affordable price,” said Tom Bernatavitz, Aetna vice president of Federal Plans. “By bringing new innovations such as Aetna Direct and Innovation Health Plan options to the FEHBP, we are helping the Office of Personnel Management achieve its goal of providing federal employees, retirees and their families with the best possible coverage options, while also fostering greater competition and choice.”
Aetna Direct Offers Unmatched Value
Aetna Direct can help to significantly lower out of pocket costs for federal retirees who have primary coverage through Medicare Parts A & B. The plan’s premiums are significantly lower than the FEHBP average. Plus, deductibles and coinsurance are waived for members with Medicare Part A & Part B primary, and the plan provides a fund that can be used to reimburse Part B premiums or for other covered services.
Aetna and Inova Health Systems Bring Innovation Health Plan to FEHBP
Innovation Health Plans align two marquee organizations, Aetna and Inova Health System, to provide access to more affordable, quality health care to Northern Virginia. Innovation Health leverages Aetna and Inova services and technology to promote wellness and help improve patient outcomes. All five of Inova’s hospitals have been recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report as either a Best National Hospital or Best Regional Hospital.
Aetna Continues to Improve Affordability and Promote Wellness
Aetna offers a variety of plans to meet the needs of federal employees and retirees. In addition to Aetna Direct and Innovation Health, Aetna also offers:
- Open Access HMO plans in most major cities that offer predictable costs, no referrals, and dental and vision benefits built in;
- An affordable, easy-to-understand Value Plan that includes wellness credits for completing wellness activities;
- A nationwide High Deductible Health Plan with a Health Savings Account to help save for future health care needs;
- Consumer Driven Health Plans with a fund that pays for care before the member pays anything out of pocket;
- Accountable Care Collaborations called Aetna Whole Health in Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin that help to improve the health care experience and health outcomes for members; and
- Dental and Vision plans through the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP).
Federal employees interested in learning more about Aetna’s health plans can visit www.aetnafeds.com for more information.
Aetna is one of the nation’s leading diversified health care benefits companies, serving an estimated 46 million people with information and resources to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. Aetna offers a broad range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities, Medicaid health care management services, workers’ compensation administrative services and health information technology products and services. Aetna’s customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates. For more information, see www.aetna.com and learn about how Aetna is helping to build a healthier world. @aetna
Walt Cherniak, 410-401-9490