As the Atlantic Coast deals with or prepares for the effects of Hurricane Dorian, Aetna is offering resources to members.
Members impacted by a hurricane can refill their prescriptions early, if needed. Those members who use Aetna’s mail-order pharmacy can either get a prescription at an alternate delivery location or refill a prescription that may have been lost, damaged or destroyed.
Aetna professionals who have experience dealing with traumatic events are also available to help. The company opens its Resources for Living services to those affected by hurricanes, regardless of whether they are Aetna members or not. Individuals can call 1-833-327-AETNA (1-833-327-2386) for assistance with finding available shelters, accessing government resources and seeking referrals or help coping with the emotional impact of a hurricane.
Affected members by can also seek emergency care anywhere, as needed. The company monitors the impact hurricanes have on its network doctors, hospitals and other health care providers, and makes further modifications to its policies as necessary to ensure members have access to care.
If any additional local, state or federal disaster executive orders or regulations are issued related to these catastrophic event, Aetna will adjust its policies to comply.
Aetna members and health care providers affected by any hurricane who need care or other assistance can reach the company at the following toll-free numbers:
- Aetna Member Services: Call the number printed on your ID card*. If ID card is unavailable, call 1-800-US-AETNA (1-800-872-3862), 8 a.m. to 6.p.m. ET
- Rx Member Services and Aetna Rx Home Delivery Customer Service: 1-888-RX AETNA (1-888-792-3862)
- Aetna Specialty Pharmacy Customer Service: 1-866-782-ASRX (1-866-782-2779)
- Aetna Student Assistance Program: 1-877-351-7889
- Aetna Dental: 1-877-238-6200
- Teladoc: 1-855-756-8708
- Health care providers should contact the Provider Service Centers:
– Indemnity and PPO-based benefit plans: 1-888-MD-AETNA (1-888-632-3862)
– HMO benefit plans: 1-800-624-0756
- Coventry Health Plans:
- Commercial HMO and PPO Plans 1-866-847-8235
- Medicare Advantage Plans 1-800-847-3995
- Coventry National and First Health Plans 1-800-937-6824
* Members can find replacement ID cards and access to a Personal Health Record on Aetna’s secure member site Aetna Navigator™. Log in on Aetna’s home page.